Intent

As a future art educator, it is important to consider the various aspects of teaching and their implications. Teaching different subjects in different manners can have an impact on our students.

It is also important for educators to explore and practice the subjects they are teaching their students. If one cannot interpret and contemplate the subject themselves, how can they instruct others to do so?


This site is intended to contain my reflections on education, art, mathematics, and life as an educator. Hopefully, my thoughts and works will inspire others to think about these subjects as well.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Teacher Assisting Update

Hello again everyone!

I just wanted to give the world an update on how my teacher assisting is going so far.
I am currently placed in an amazing 8th grade mathematics classroom and the school could not be nicer. The students are extremely well behaved and so entertaining to observe. I knew there was a reason I wanted to teach middle school students.
I have not taught a lesson all on my own yet, but I am sure that will happen soon enough.

This placement seems really rewarding. I have already had several moments where things just seemed so right. I was able to make connections with kids and have some ah-ha and breakthrough moments. However, there are also some students that I have yet to figure out how to approach them. There is one in particular that I am seriously struggling with. I just don't know what to do at this point. Hopefully I can figure something out.

I probably won't post a whole lot, but I will try to keep thoughts and things up here when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment