If you did not already know, I am a member of the National Art Education Association (NAEA) Student Chapter at my university. We have had an amazing opportunity open up for us and we get to present at the Michigan Art Education Association Annual Conference. We are going to give a presentation that explains what we do as a student chapter as well as thuroughly describe one of the workshops we did in collaboration with another student organization.
I am very happy that we get to do this, but I am really nervous. I am not sure how prepared we are and I am not that confident in what we have done so far. I am sure things will turn out great in the end, but I still can't shake these jitters and nerves.
No matter how our presentation goes, I know this will be an amazing opportunity for me. The conference will be a great place to do some networking. On top of that, I have the time and resources to attend some workshops and sessions. I don't see how this could turn out poorly! (knock on wood)
I will try to post an update on how things go!
Intent
As a future art educator, it is important to consider the various aspects of teaching and their implications. Teaching different subjects in different manners can have an impact on our students.
It is also important for educators to explore and practice the subjects they are teaching their students. If one cannot interpret and contemplate the subject themselves, how can they instruct others to do so?
This site is intended to contain my reflections on education, art, mathematics, and life as an educator. Hopefully, my thoughts and works will inspire others to think about these subjects as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment